SEO Services in Brisbane
Professional SEO services done right the first time in Brisbane. Grow your online presence with us today
What is SEO?
SEO, or commonly known as Search Engine Optimisation is the practice of increasing ones visibility on the SERPS (Search Engine Results Pages) so more traffic and prospective customers come across your site.
There is a lot more to it however, so let’s break down some of the more common practices when it comes to SEO
- The Quality of SEO Traffic. You can always drive traffic to your site, but is it ever quantifiable? What is the point of having large amounts of traffic visit your site when they have no interest in your service or products. You must be driving relative traffic to your site, and the best way to do this is to target industry specific keywords. Not all keywords are built the same, so it is vital to perform proper research and identify your best converting keywords.
- The Quantity of SEO Traffic. Once you have your target audience clicking through to your site you can keep building on that audience slowly generating more and more targeted traffic over time. New opportunities will always present themselves with new search terms and rankings that you never used to rank for.
- The Organic Results. Organic traffic is technicaly the only place you don’t have to pay to have your business found. However that is a common myth these days as you won’t find many niches or areas that SEO specialists are not targeting and charging an arm and a leg for. Organic traffic is one of the highest converting channels though so it is well worth targeting.
What We Do
Seach Engine Optimisation
Professional Search Engine Optimisation done right
Expert Level Google Adwords Knowledge
Great looking, converting websites that work for you
SEO Services in Brisbane That Work
Let us work with you and your business and grow together. With the correct SEO services paired with other digital marketing knowledge, we will make your online presence grow.
Connecting Your Business to Customers
Learn about our unique approach to digital marketing and find out how we can help your business grow. No contracts or hidden feed, just solid work.
Search Engine Optimisation
SEO in Brisbane
SEO – at its core is all about increasing your websites visability in the organic search results of the major search engines. Sound relatively easy right? Well to get that visability up, you have to understand a few things:
- What kind of content does your target audience want to read?
- How do search engines work?
- How to correctly optimise your website for the Search Engines
One of the major issues with SEO is that it is a forever changing landscape. Where the basics of on-page optimisation may stay the same, the technical aspect and off-page startegies are constantly changing.
A Brief History of SEO
Did you know the practice of SEO pre-dates Google? Although obviously not as popular, there are reports of SEO happening in the early 90’s and not really taking off until the early 2000’s. When Google stormed into the search industry, they used a very unique algorthm that blew away any competition. A lot of it was similar to the Harvard University Reference system, where Google looked at links as a form of recomendation and gave those sites preference to rank. This started yielding better results and more and more people switched to Google. Now they are the search engine powerhouse we recognise today with hundreds of different search factors to rank a page.
Ranking high on websites was quite a new concept in the late 90s, most rankings came from search engines such as yahoo, aol, Ask Jeeves and more. Most of these sites were similar to directories like yellow pages and that’s how you found the business you were looking for.
Ranking a site back then was relatively easy, you just made sure your html tags were accurate, the content was good and you had some links. From here you would just repeat your keywords enough throughout your webpage and meta tags to show up. If your competitor mentioned a keyword 50 times, you would do it 100 and overtake them.
A lot has changed over the 20+ years SEO has been running, now days everyone wants the number 1 spot on Google and the competition has never been more prevalent.
The Most Popular Search Engines
There is more to the internet than Google. Other search engines also exist and take a huge share of the traffic online. Some of these you might not have ever thought of:
- Google – Google has over 75% of the market share on a global scale making it easily the number 1 search engine in the world. Google was created as a research project in 1996 by Larry Page & Sergey Brin, they offered to sell their engine in 1999 for $750 000 USD and the offer was rejected. Possibly the biggest financial mistake made, today Google’s parent company Alphabet is worth around $650 billion.
- The big appeal of ranking on Google is driven from the huge amount of traffic that goes through the search engine on a daily basis. However, this makes everyone want to rank on google and the competition is getting harder and harder. Google is also moving searchers away from clicking on websites and offering answers to questions via rich snippets. This is starting to lower the organic real estate on the front page of Google whilst loading them up with ads.
- Youtube – Youtube was founded in 2005 and one year later Google had acquired it. Today Youtube gets over 1.5billion users per month and shows over 1 billion hours of video each day to users.
- As with Google, the massive amount of traffic to the site is the major appeal for advertisers. Youtube can be extremely rewarding if done right, but with over 300 hours of video uploaded to Youtube every minute, it can be a real struggle to stand out
- Amazon – Not as big in Australia, Amazon is the biggest online shopping store in the world. Amazon has been so successful over the years that these days more than half of all online shopping searches begin on Amazon and not Google. This is a bit different in Australia, but Amazon is gaining traction here fast.
- The positives to ranking on Amazon are again the sheer amount of traffic the site gets. The downside though is competition is fierce, real fierce. Reviews and unique products are rewarded on Amazon and if you are new to the scene, this is going to be difficult to check.
- Facebook – Facebook became available to the public in 2006 and has since became the absolute social media platform for people to use. It has more than 1.5 billion logged in visitors per month which gives business and advertisers a huge playground to work in.
- The major con to Facebook marketing is the price and low conversions. Many argue that Facebook traffic is not targeted like Google traffic, but instead is a source of cold traffic with a form of display advertising.
- Bing – Coming in at 5th position is Bing. Bing was Microsoft’s answer to Google in 2009. Unfortunately it has always been a shadow of Google and still remains a shadow to this day. Bing has been making a lot of plays lately to catch up with google including some major upgrades to their advertising space.
- Bing is a much easier search engine to optimise for than Google, the issue is the smaller user base and if you solely focus on Bing rankings, your Google rankings are going to suffer.
Understanding How People Search
SEO really is a numbers game. Some of the main areas we focus on are:
- Keyword Volumes
- Organic Traffic
There is a lot more to it but typically these metrics will outline how a campaign is progressing. If the above are all increasing, in theory your business should be benefiting from it as well.
Understanding user intent from both the user’s perspective and Google’s perspective can be quite challeneging.
Google Search Intent
If a user is searching for a specific store (let’s say K-mart), they are probably looking for the location of the closest store and not the brands actual website or head office.
Due to the complexity of the English language as well, many queries have more than 1 meaning when being searched in Google. A good example of this is Apple, it can either be the tech giant or a simple fruit. So how does Google decipher these searches?
Getting into how Google operates on an algorithm level is extremely difficult, especially when they do not release much information on how it all works. So we tend to look at patterns and how people are actually searching, much like Google does. You always must keep in mind the ever changing landscape of the SERPS, 10 years ago if you googled Donald Trump you would most likely see information regarding his shows and businesses. These days it is a very different landscape. As the world moved forward, so does Google to always remain as relative as it possibly can.
Some SEO Statistics
These statisitcs are from a global source but will still remain relatively accurate here in Australia. This will also differ industry to industry.
- 33% is the average traffic share the first organic listing on Google gets
- 1900 words is the average content number on a firt page Google result
- 51% of all website traffic comes from organic search, 10% is from paid, 5% for social and the remainder from other sources. So if you ever hear SEO is dead, just think it is still generating more than half of all traffic
- 8.5 is the average number of mobile search results on page 1 of Google. So ranking in 8-10 on mobile means you are on the second page
Here are some local search behaviour statistics
- 4 in 5 consumers will use search engines to find out local information
- Nearly 20% of local smartphone searchs lead to a purchase within a day
- 54 percent of people search for business hours whilst 53 percent of people will search for directions
- 80% of consumers want respond better to ads that are customised to their city
- 65% of people will use their phone in the “I want to buy now” moment
SEO Services in Brisbane
With years of SEO knowledge under our belt and no lock in contracts, what have you got to lose by having a chat with us. Let us help grow your Brisbane business with our expert SEO knowledge. We specialise with Brisbane business by helping you improve your digital presence ultimately providing more targeted traffic and more customers/sales. We can utilise local SEO campaigns to really boost your traffic and conversions.
We're Here To Help!
107/137 Laver Dr,
Robina QLD 4226